Update Covid 19 Ohrid - Macedonia 23-06-2020
The government of Macedonia decided today to fully open all borders to the free movement of Macedonian and foreign citizens. PCR tests and 14 days quarantine are no longer necessary. This decision is valid from 26 June.
Skopje International Airport and St. Apostle Paul's Airport in Ohrid will open their doors on 1st of July.
The restaurants and bars, will also be allowed to serve guests within the objects according to an appropriate protocol from 26 June onwards. Until now this was only possible on the terraces .
From Friday, June 26, 2020 the gyms may work again and shopping centres may be open on Sundays as well.
Update Covid 19 Ohrid - Macedonia 17-06-2020
- Entry of Macedonian citizens and foreigners with a regulated temporary or permanent residence in Macedonia is allowed. Valid negative PCR test (made from nose and throat) not older than 72 hours from the day of issue of the test must be demonstrated at the border. Travellers entering Macedonia with a valid negative PCR test still have to fill in a declaration for domestic self isolation for 14 days.
- Those who do not have a PCR test are referred to a mandatory state quarantine for 14 days. They are sent to one of the previously established facilities with organised transport and police escort.
- Foreign citizens can transit through the territory of Macedonia (via all land border crossings). This means that they enter at one border crossing and leave at another, with the obligation not to leave the motorway or the local road during transit. Transit must be achieved in a maximum of 5 hours, for which they fill in an appropriate declaration.
Update Covid 19 Ohrid - Macedonia 16-06-2020
The Government of the Republic of Macedonia decided to open all border crossings in the country from tomorrow, June 17. By applying the measures that are active, and for entering Macedonia it is mandatory to submit a valid negative PCR. test, not older than 72 hours.
The state quarantine measure for a period of 14 days remains in force for all citizens or foreigners with a regulated stay in the country, who do not have a valid PCR test or have submitted an invalid PCR test upon entry into the territory of Macedonia.
Protocol for operation of catering facilities for accommodation –
This protocol that starts on the 22nd of June regulates the procedures for the hotel-accommodation, then the recommendations and measures for receiving and accommodating guests, restaurant procedures, the use of sanitair facilities, as well as the recommendations for guests and who are dealing with COVID-19 symptoms.
Today, the Protocol on the operation of swimming pools was also established. Swimming pools are opened only for members of swimming clubs, and not for recreational swimming.
As a result of the extended travel restrictions for all foreign flights to and from the Republic of Macedonia, Wizz Air and Tui suspend all flights to the country until July 13th and July the 15th.
Update Covid 19 Ohrid – Macedonia 24 -05-2020
Today at 11:00, the 42-hour curfew on the territory of the entire country enters into force, as part of the measures of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia to prevent the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. The ban will last until Tuesday, by 05:00.
Country borders are expected to open in mid-June. The screening should end this week, and from next week the kindergartens will start working.
What is especially important for Ohrid, as the largest tourist place in the country, is certainly the date on which the catering facilities will come into operation. Officially, they will open next week, but there is no official confirmation. The hospitality industry has only received the protocol, i.e. the way they have to work after the opening of the summer terraces.
Diverse flights are planned to Ohrid airport in June. We hope there won't be any changes. Please check your travel agency for more information.
Update Covid 19 Ohrid – Macedonia 13-05-2020
Yesterday the Minister of Health, Venko Filipce, assessed the coronavirus situation in the country as stable.
As of today, dental practices, sports shops and other counter shops, educational centers, adult training and seminars, and driving schools are starting to function.
The government is expected to approve a plan to open restaurants and bars next week, but this will depend on the situation and compliance with the measures.
The opening of the hotels, is scheduled for week 22. This too will depend on the development of the situation.
At the moment, the curfew is still in effect. Step by step, however, measures will be made more flexible, depending on the situation.
Source: Ohrid Press
Update Covid 19 Ohrid – Macedonia 10-05-2020
No new cases of COVID19 coronavirus cases have been registered in Ohrid for more than 20 days. The Center for Public Health in Ohrid announced that there are no more active COVID19 patients in Ohrid and Debrca.
The total number of COVID19 diagnosed in Macedonia since the beginning of the epidemic is 1,642, the number of recovered patients is 1,136, the death toll is 91, and currently the number of active cases in the country is 415. So far, a total of 19,096 COVID 19 tests have been made in Macedonia
The trend of new cases with COVID19 in the last two days, as indicated, will be considered at the meeting of the Commission for Infectious Diseases on Monday (11.05.2020), after which new recommendations will be given to the Government for further action in relation to the measures. Citizens are urged to adhere to the measures consistently, to comply with the ban on groups larger than two people, to keep a distance of at least two meters and to wear protective equipment (in case the space between citizens is less than prescribed)
TAV Macedonia recently stated that they are preparing to open airports in the country, pending the exact date and decision of the competent institutions, which are in coordination with the international aviation authorities where activities are underway to find the most appropriate unified solutions for air transport of passengers. The airline is also waiting for official information from the Government and the competent aviation authorities so that they can confirm their planned routes from Skopje and Ohrid. The destinations and frequency of flights this year will also depend on the internal organization and the decisions of the airlines, because they, as part of the airline business, are significantly affected by the crisis with the virus.
It has been announced that the catering sector in Ohrid will soon start work and some of them have started preparing the facilities for opening.
- According to initial announcements, the measures will provide for the detention of up to four people at one table, not necessarily from the same family, but at a certain distance between two tables or with a Plexiglas or glass border.
- the bars and restaurants can be able to work only under special hygienic conditions, in open spaces/teracces.
- Food and drinks served be served in desinfected dishes and glasses. Using disposable plates and glasses may beo ne of the options as well.
- The opening hours of the coffee bars and restaurants will be until 18:00 or 19:00.
Source: Ohrid Press